top of page
FRANKLINTON FIRE & RESCUE DEPARTMENT
415 11TH AVE
FRANKLINTON, LA 70438
The Franklinton Fire Department was established in 1934 approximately one year after a disastrous fire almost destroyed the entire business section of Franklinton. Through the efforts of Paul E. Greenlaw, a modern department was organized and funded through a 5 mill tax (two for the fire department and three for the waterworks).
Mr. George Varnado was appointed as the Town’s first Fire Chief. Chief Varnado and Mr. Bryan Fussell traveled to Logansport, Indiana to accept delivery of the first fire truck. The original Ford truck is still in use today and used for riding in parades and other events to promote the department.
A full-time paid employee and two part-time employees ensure that the station is manned at all times. In addition to fighting fires, department personnel also answer medical calls and respond to motor vehicle accidents.
For more information about the Franklinton Fire Department, please click below or call the fire department directly at (985) 839-3515.
Meet The Team
bottom of page